Our brand new Virtual Ward Project with Komp, allows our service users to connect with family and healthcare professionals using a one button computer that is specifically designed for the digitally excluded.
Being trialled across Lincolnshire, The Virtual Ward has been installed in a number of our service users homes. The new technology provides accessible digital communication with video streaming, photo sharing, scheduling and more. With an extremely simple interface, it demands nothing from the end user, allowing them to easily communicate with their families and Fosse.
Set to tackle the ever growing need of residents who find themselves cut off by the digital divide, this innovative communication device is a revolutionary solution to loneliness in older adults and social care support.
A brother and sister who are currently trialling the new technology were overwhelmed when they were able to reconnect via the system for the first time in years. Both had been unable to travel the long distance to see the other due to health concerns and their continuous care needs, but with Virtual Ward with Komp, they are now able to see each other whenever they like. The simplicity for the end user means that they can easily speak to each other as if it was in person as frequently as they wish. Both of them were very emotional after the first reuniting and they were so thankful for their new computer.
As a care provider we will be able to digitise appointments with users who previously would be unable to use video calling systems and/or other technology devices. Families can connect regularly to improve user wellbeing and reduce reliance on service providers. These life changing features can:
- Reduce staff visit times and improve care planning
- Increase face-to-face contacts for the user (research links to improved wellbeing)
- Connect families no matter where they are, reducing isolation and associated health risks and costs
The key features include:
- Large 21’’ widescreen display
- Connect via 4g or Wi-Fi
- Enhanced privacy with encrypted calls (no data sharing)
- Prompts & support for daily living tasks
- Safety and well-being checks
- Connect users to their loved ones via secure video calls, and content sharing
- Enhance care planning with remote care and digitised appointments
If you would like to find out more about our Virtual Ward please feel free to get in touch.